All manuscripts submitted to OAE journals are assumed to be submitted under Open Access publishing model, under which authors are required to pay Article Processing Charges (APCs) when their manuscripts are accepted for publication. There is no submission charge, or additional charges based on color, length, figures, or other elements.
Article Processing Charges
The fees and discounts may be subject to periodic revision. The publication fees vary by journal.
Article Processing Charge Discount and Waiver Policies
- The following discounts and waivers will be given if the manuscript falls into one of following categories.
- Corresponding authors are based in countries/regions defined by the World Bank as Low-income economies can apply for a 100% APC waiver.
- Corresponding authors are based in countries/regions defined by the World Bank as Lower-middle-income economies can apply for a 50% discount of the standard publication fees.
- The following articles are free to publish (no APC is payable):
Retractions and expressions of editorial concern
- Additionally, we will also consider individual full or partial waiver requests on a case-by-case basis in situations where there is a lack of funds.
How to Request an Article Processing Charge Discount or Waiver?
- Before submitting your manuscript online, you could contact a specific journal's Managing Editor with the following information:
Your name and institution with full address details;
Reason for applying for a waiver or discount;
Title of your paper;
Places of residence of all authors.
- Please note that your request of a discount or waiver won't influence the outcome of your submission. Your paper will go through standard peer review as usual.
When Is the Article Processing Charge Payable?
After any discounts or waivers are taken into account, charges are payable once the manuscript has been accepted for publishing.
How do I Pay?
Once a manuscript is accepted for publication, the corresponding author will be notified to confirm the invoice information and complete the payment. The corresponding author or his institution or employer needs to arrange payment unless a waiver has been granted. We advise prompt payment as we are unable to publish accepted articles until payment has been received.
- Payment can be made by the following method:
- Bank transfer
SWIFT Code (International): EWBKUS66XXX
Beneficiary's Name: OAE PUBLISHING INC.
Beneficiary's Address: 245 E Main Street Ste 107, Alhambra CA 91801, USA
Bank Account Number (USD, US Dollars Account): 8003110254
Routing Number (Domestic): 322070381
Bank Name: East West Bank
Receiving Bank Address: 135 N Los Robles Ave. Pasadena CA 91101 USA
What does the Article Processing Charge Cover?
- APCs levied by OAE journals mainly go toward defraying the costs of:
- Setting up the website and online submission & peer review system.
- Typesetting and other aspects of production.
- Third party (including Crossref, CrossCheck, etc.) payment.
- Office & administration expense and staff salaries.
- Payment for promotion activities such as attending, collaborating or organizing relative conferences.
We do not offer refunds for open access once articles have been published.