Topic: Environmental Behavior and Ecotoxicological Effects of Micro(nano)plastics
A Special Issue of Water Emerging Contaminants & Nanoplastics
ISSN 2831-2597 (Online)
Submission deadline: 1 Oct 2023
Department of Chemistry & Centre for Environmental and Marine Studies (CESAM), University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
Dr. Rocha-Santos ranked on the "Highly Cited Researchers 2022” list announced by Clarivate Analytics.
Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA), H2O Building, Scientific and Technological Park of the University of Girona, Girona, Spain.
Dr. Barceló ranked on the "Highly Cited Researchers 2022” list announced by Clarivate Analytics.
Special Issue Introduction
In this Special Issue, "Environmental Behavior and Ecotoxicological Effects of Micro(nano)plastics", a broad selection of topics will be covered, including the development of analytical methodologies, studying the sources and fate of these materials, proposing new and environmentally friendly solutions, assessing their effects to the environment and human health, and even weighing the current legislative and regulatory landscapes.
This Special Issue is expected to make a positive contribution to the collection of key knowledge and insights on the occurrence, fate, and risks of microplastics, with the participation of researchers worldwide, to better ascertain the present status of (micro)plastic pollution and to identify knowledge gaps and future challenges.
Proposed topics include, but are not limited to:
1. Microplastic pollution sources, migration process, and ecotoxicological effects in ecosystems;
2. Systematic ecological assessment, monitoring, and biological impact of microplastics on aquatic organisms;
3. Interactions and effects of microplastics with other emerging contaminants in the water environment;
4. Screening and quantitative analysis of microplastics, including analytical advances for identification, characterization, and quantification of (micro)plastics;
5. Understanding the leaching of plastic additives and subsequent risks to ecosystems;
6. Current and prospective legislative and regulatory initiatives combatting plastic pollution.
Ten articles in the Special Issue are exempt from article processing charges.
For Author Instructions, please refer to https://oaepublish.com/wecn/author_instructions
For Online Submission, please login at https://oaemesas.com/login?JournalId=wecn&SpecialIssueId=WECN221010
Contacts: Haidi Ding, Managing Editor, email@example.com
Na Young, Assistant Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org